31 July 2007

Vasanti Cosmetics- Face Base




I owe much thanks to Henna at Canadian Beauty.com for highlighting this Toronto-based cosmetics company. Just one more reason I want to move to Toronto, the ethnic mosaic up there has produced a range in this cosmetics line that is admirable and virtually unseen here in the States. Anyhow, I ordered Vasanti's Face Base, created for yellow-based skin tones. I have ordered from Zhen Cosmetics, which also creates foundations and powders for yellow-based skin tones, but there is an important difference. In the Vasanti Face Base there is a lack of titanium dioxide, which can lend an ashy look to skin, especially skin with brown or yellow color.

Another plus is, on the Face Base page, the use of models on whom the specific colors are used. This helped a great deal because it provided a starting point. Though I have had bad luck in this arena before, for some reason I was very optimistic with my Vasanti order. I received the Face Base yesterday in the color V3. Perfect match! Absolutely flawless. I actually jumped up and down with glee after putting on this foundation: no looking 'slightly pale' or 'almost matched', no need to 'tweak' by adding blush or bronzer to counteract said 'slight paleness'...just, oh my Goddess. I can't stop raving about it! I have not been this satisfied with a Face Base in many, many years.

Vasanti Cosmetics definitely have a loyal client in me. I will definitely order a couple lipsticks next time so look for that review.

Price: $24. Available online.

No comments: