28 July 2007

Lancome Does It Again


The Paris-based cosmetics house is hands-down the manufacturers of the best mascaras out there. I ordered their new Courbe Virtuose mascara and used it for the first time today. It defines, lengthens and lends the lashes a beautiful curve; it also volumizes and performs well when applying multiple coats, though you really only need two. I am totally in love with this mascara. I also received a 10-day sample of their best seller, Definicils.


Another sample I received was of the Juicy Tubes Smoothie in Pink Horizon. These little samples last me several months and during that time I am constantly receiving free ones with purchases so I have never bought an actual size. I would imagine one would last me at least a year. The great thing about the Smoothie is that a little quite honestly goes a long way. One little squeeze to get a drop, then use the applicator to smooth it over. Most of the colors are fantastic by themselves and give awesome shine and unique color to lipstick.



I also ordered the UV Expert 20 Sunscreen with Mexoryl TM SX. It is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation and the American Academy of Dermatology. The cream is a bit thick and I noticed that upon application my skin looked a bit...chalky. I'm guessing due to the titanium dioxide that is notorious to affecting any shade of brown skin in that manner. You're instructed to apply 15 minutes before sun exposure and you need about that long for it to soak into the skin and not have that chalky look. It honestly worried me. So as it stands now, I probably won't order this again, but will go back to the Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF30.


No comments: