09 May 2007

Welcome to Oshun's Mirror

Hello all!

I go by the name Elisabetta and this is my blog dedicated to my devotion, nay obsession to cosmetics. The purpose of this blog is to give advice and technique tips that I have found useful in my life. Also to trade suggestions with readers, highlight certain books and products that I adore. I suppose novices to the wonderful world of cosmetics will get the most out of this but the experienced are more than welcome.

To give a little personal background, my love of cosmetics has been lifelong. I come from a long line of very feminine women for whom donning fine clothes and impeccable makeup was second nature and expected, but not to the exclusion of any other personal growth. According to mi madre, when I was a baby I would stare and study her face as she put on her makeup. It became very obvious that I was an excellent student.

As a young girl I was a classically trained ballerina from the age of four and from the age of six we had to wear makeup on stage. Not a great deal but for an enthusiast like myself I was ecstatic that I had the opportunity to wear shiny lip gloss outside the house! The rest, I suppose, is history. My madre didn't let me wear makeup outside the house on a daily basis until I was about fifteen though, unbeknownst to her I would put it on at school and wash it off afterward.

With a couple notable exceptions, I was the one my friends turned to when venturing into the sometimes intimidating world of cosmetic application. At university before a night out I usually had a line of four other girls waiting for assistance while I did my own makeup. It seems I should have become an aesthetician but it really is just a hobby.

My next post will introduce Oshun and explain why I chose that name for this blog.

I don't allow public comments but feel free to email me: oshuns.beauty@gmail.com