29 November 2007

I'm Totally Boycotting Target

So....I go to Target, which is/was one of my absolutely favorite stores, and purchase L'Oreal's Bare Naturale mineral powder foundation. I chose the color "Natural Beige" based on the color match chart provided by L'Oreal. You know where you hold the translucent card close to but not on your wrist. Well, I get the powder home and I look like some poor man's geisha, my face was so chalky white.

Of course, this is the part when you return/exchange the merchandise. But oh, not so fast! Target does not allow any returns OR exchanges of cosmetics after the seal has been broken. They claim other stores aren't supposed to do it either. Excuse my language, but that is complete and utter caca. Naturally stores don't like returns or exchanges as this means money that is lost. But when dealing with cosmetics, how a shade looks in a store can be COMPLETELY different than how it looks at home in natural light.

You know this. I know this. Target neither know this nor cares about this immutable fact in the world of cosmetics. And since this is a L'Oreal product, it wasn't cheap: $13. For me, that's a small fortune. I sent a complaint letter and all Target did was shrug their shoulders and essentially tell me "Oh well! Try better next time!"

ARGHHHH!!!!!!

So, word to the wise ladies: either don't by cosmetics at all at Target, or be damned sure that whatever you're buying is a perfect fit. In the meantime, I'm don't done with them buy a long shot. I'll post updates on my progress. I'm just so disappointed in both Target and L'Oreal, who I am also going to complain to. This is just ridiculous.

No comments: