25 October 2007

M*A*C- Smoke Signals


(Picture: Gentle Fume Eyes. Courtesy of M*A*C Cosmetics.com. Used without permission.)


This highly pigmented color quad is perfect for those who want a burst of color without having to apply several layers. The darkest color, Carbon (lower right), is not black but the deepest blue eyeshadow I have ever seen. I didn't really notice until I paired it with the Rondelle (upper left) and the contrast showed the true color. I've only worn any of the colors about three times since I've bought it, so I can't give a more thorough review but I can say that it lives up to the quality I have come to appreciate in M.A.C.

Be sure to check out the video for the Smoke Signals Collection. It is, in a word, sultry. Featuring the divine, the awesome, the puuuuuurrrrfect Miss Eartha Kitt singing in French, the video seems to take us back to a smoky Parisian nightclub, circa 1930. Sometimes I go to the site just to watch the video.

No comments: